Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

LOP (or C2 Media) removal [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Unfortunately, some months ago I got the Trojan Horse LOP through downloading MSN plus. I was dumb and didn't read the user agreement; therefore letting them upload their "sponsor program" onto my computer.

You probably know about the annoying toolbar that it adds but theres also an annoying blue advertising bar that attaches itself to the bottom of my screen which closes the first couple of times but then gets stuck there and won't budge until I either log-off or restart. That stupid bar pops up every time I open up Internet Exploder directly.

Although I've now switched to Mozilla Firefox and it doesn't hassle me anymore, I'd like to remove it.

I have the following AV/AS programs.

- Ad-Aware SE (the most updated version). It used to show up there but not anymore for some reason (and yes it's still there)
- Spybot S&D - it doesn't even pick it up
- AVG Antivirus/Antivir XP (I know they conflict so I so I normally keep it inactive)
- Counterspy - doesn't pick it up
- Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta - (which is basically the same as Counterspy) and which also doesn't pick it up
- Spyware Doctor 3.2 (free version)

Can I have some help?

Hi Crap,

This may sound strange, but redownload Msn Plus3, Reinstall it, fully, with the sponser program,

1. Go to Add/Remove programs. Double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove)

2. The "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is now displayed. Click on the Uninstall button. Note: options displayed on the first screen are not related to the sponsor program.

3. The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen, you have to type the code that is displayed. Once you enter the code, press Uninstall.

4. If you entered the code properly, the program will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall. You must answer "Yes" to this question, else, you won't have another chance of uninstalling.

5. To complete the uninstallation, follow the instructions that are displayed (the first one is to close all your Internet Explorer windows, that's very important). When everything is complete, restart your computer and, hopefully voila one nasty infection is gone.

You will still have messenger plus but without the LOP.

Then download a free 14 day trial of ewido from the link below. Install it and start it up. Follow the prompts to upgrade it.

Reboot your PC into SAFE MODE by taping the F8 key whilst PC starts, select SAFE MODE.

Now run Ewido. click on the Scanner button, Select drives if you have more than one and then start. grab a cup of coffee, sandwiches, book as this may take some time. Once the first problem is detected ensure you tick the box for all (bottom left) and allow it to continue.

At the end of the scan, it may ask if you would like to delete anything found in archive or zipped files, OK that request, then click on save report. SAVE to the default location, it will then generate a text file. Copy that to post in this thread.

Reboot into normal mode.

Download Hijackthis from the link below, unzip it to a new folder that you need to create and run it from there, carry out a scan and post the log back in this thread.

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.