Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe reader problems

• Please log in to reply

SamSpadeSleuth

SamSpadeSleuth

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi there

I always seem to have had problems with Adobe reader, machine feezing etc but it has now stopped working. I removed and re-installed the program but I still can't open a pdf and each time it wants to send an error report. I am running Windows XP and Firefox. Can anyone please help.

Advertisements

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Try to uninstall the program.Clean your registry and then re-install it.Also Try to get a fresh copy from Adobe.

SamSpadeSleuth

SamSpadeSleuth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I re-installed the program from web free copy. If I un-install again can I just clean registry with CCleaner, will that do?

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Yeah It worked when I had a similar problem like this.After uninstalling and cleaning the registry and other temp files(CC Cleaner has some good options) then go to get.adobe.com/reader/

and download the latest reader.

SamSpadeSleuth

SamSpadeSleuth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
No that has not worked, I have done that before to be honest and it didn't work last time.