Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes and WMP

• Please log in to reply

jbljohn

jbljohn

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Windows XP -- I have a large Music file 70 Gb on an external drive and have WMP and iTunes installed on my computer. Somehow in WMP (probably operator error) a large number of files have been given erroneous "Artist Names" - In many cases I do not know the correct artists name. I have not installed the data into iTunes at this time. How do I go about correcting my mistake? Do I deleted my Library in WMP and reinstall? Or is there an easier way to address this?
Thanks!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
See if any help is here, http://windows.micro...ws-Media-Player

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
This does a good job explaining how to alter a small number of songs but I'm looking at needing to change over 400. What happens if I delete my Library from WMP and reload it from my external hard drive?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi,

That part I could not guide you on, and would be afraid to, as I have no experience with at all. I'm hoping others will chime in here for you.

Joe :)