Hi all, I have looked over the site to see if i could find my answer.
I have a 32 bit Dell 2 Quad computer, 4 megs ram. I'm rather computer literate.
Computer came with Vista, I believe I bought from Dell an upgrade Windows 7 professional (less than $100).
I have backed up using Acronis.
The computer runs slow and when I upgraded from Vista I just "upgraded" did not do a clean install.
I want to:
1. Reformat clean & fresh
2. have 2 drives on the hard disk, one for the OS and one for everything else.
So my questions are:
1. I can't find the downloaded file I used, nor if I received a CD.
2. can I get another copy from them in some way or do I have to buy an OEM copy?
3. If I found the upgrade CD would it do a clean install anyway or do I still have to get a new OEM? i don't want to re install vista and go that route?
4. Should i copy the drives folder for some reason?
5. I want to have a CD drive just for windows, a D drive for everything else. Do program files get installed on the D drive? Being programs put their fingers into the registry, if I have to reformat C drive later, how do the programs work if installed on D drive and Cd rive has been wiped clean?
many Thanks, any other tips appreciated.