Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help, Emergency!

• Please log in to reply

abuff88

abuff88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yep, definitely had it in the correct orientation. I also see the 4 tiny squares that are off center so they only go one way, and those lined up as well.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Ok thanks for confirming the above.

I am pleased that the CPU has no bent pins as I feel that the CPU and MB should be returned, as you have no way of confirming which item is bad it should be left to the suppliers to test as you may void the warranties otherwise.

Use something like a plastic credit card or thin plastic spatula to gently remove the CPU from the heatsink and then contact the supplier/s and arrange returning them.

Did you purchase the MB and CPU from the same supplier.

abuff88

abuff88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yeah I got both of them from Newegg.com

Dang it, now I have to wait at least another week for this build. :(

Do I just ship them back in the box they came in? Can I put all 3 items in the same box? Do I pay postage back? I check and see that the return policy for cpu and mobo is just replacement in 30 days so that's good.
The psu is refund but there's so many good reviews on this peticular psu and it's the cheapest modular 500W I could find, that I think I'll just try again.

abuff88

abuff88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
IF I do a RMA claim for my items, do I just get a full refund for the money? Or do they ever ask me if I just want replacements?
Or do I just buy the same items again after a refund? I've never had to do a RMA from NewEgg before obviously.
Has anyone out there had to deal with NewEggs return process?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Please see http://www.newegg.co...l.aspx?Module=6