Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up password lost

• Please log in to reply

akw2237

akw2237

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:wub: my grandson uses my pc at the start up he typed in a password hes got no idea what he typed,,says he hit the keys,, :upset: i really need help my 8 yr old grandson is banned from my pc,,please help.contact me at my e mail...........am greatful for any help..you can contact me any waty that is normal for you ,,i just thought it would be easier useing my e mail,,,thank you

Edited by akw2237, 05 August 2012 - 08:47 AM.
email address removed for security

Advertisements

SupeR GeekiN CognitO

SupeR GeekiN CognitO

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Hello.

I am SupeR GeekiN CognitO.

Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you with your problem today,
seeing as it violates the Terms of Use here at geekstogo. I also believe it is
out of the ordinary for a member to request contact by e-mail.

Have a nice day. :thumbsup:

:ph34r: SGC :ph34r:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To further explain this situation.

BIOS or Operating System's passwords are there for the purpose related to Security and Privacy to protect the legitimate owner of a machine. While there are many locations on the Internet that might help you learn about managing passwords for a machine's BIOS or Operating System, we at G2G do not assist in bypassing past a machine's Security and Privacy safeguards.

While such requests are often legitimate, and come from users who experience exactly the kind of problem that you post, we have no way of determining legitimate vs. not legitimate, therefore we do not respond to such requests.

However we can assist Pursuant to the Terms of use guidlines as followed:
"Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any Windows user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc. Infringing of intellectual property rights (such as copyright and trademark rights
"we can assist you with a reinstallation if that is what you wanted."