Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Browser Q

• Please log in to reply

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Hey this might be a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. First I'm gonna give a few details. Today my IE 6 just randomly started loading pages really really slow, or pretty much not at all. I am pretty good at fixing most problems that I may have with my computers, so I wasn't too worried. But I wouldn't act right no matter what. I downloaded spybot to clean up my sys, but it still did not work. I downloaded mozilla firefox and all the same pages worked just fine, although some pages (such as toontown.com) won't load because the page doesn't support that browser. Well besides that problem being a question of mine, I here comes the stupid one. What is the difference between Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla 1.7? I would rather use another browser instead of IE, but I don't know whether Firefox or 1.7 is better for me. I have not installed sp2 because of so many problems everyone is having with it, it kinda makes me cautious so I'm gonna wait awhile to see what happens. I do have sp1, all the critical updates and some others. I just want a good browser that doesn't cause any problems, and maybe a good spyware blocker/cleaner that can keep my browser running smooth. Also I would like to keep IE because my girlfriend and son like to use that, so that's no prob with me. The only prob with that is IE is running really crappy right now. For example: I went to download Yahoo IM so I could talk w/my sister, and after I signed up there was not a downloaded install program for IM like I signed up for.
Shortly after that (2 min.) I went back to yahoo.com and clicked on messaging and the page would not load (no problems b4 that). That's when I decided on mozilla. Firefox loaded the same page no prob. I now have firefox and mozilla 1.7, but I don't think I need both. So anyways the point of all this is I need some advice on ways to fix IE, whether Mozilla or firefox is better 4 me, which spyware apps are good to use. Maybe even configuring Mozilla/Firefox to load the pages that they now wont. I know it may be a lot to ask, but I'm just hopin that someone has some advice. Done ramblin now.......-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Mozilla is a suite of products, Firefox is just the browser. There's also a plugin that makes Firefox appear to sites as IE. <_<

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Does that plugin make firefox vulnerable to the same viruses and spyware that IE is after installing it to firefox....?? Where do i get that plug in?

-=jonnyrotten=-

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts

Does that plugin make firefox vulnerable to the same viruses and spyware that IE is after installing it to firefox....??

No, I'll find a link for the plugin.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
http://ieview.mozdev.org/

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff