Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp CHKDSK problems

• Please log in to reply

aquasambo

aquasambo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
I have the latest e smart security 5 (the Paid version) and i started up my normal laptop and it opened up with the CHKDSK application running which displayed things like
Deleting corrupt file record segment 88
Deleting orphan file record segment 127
deleting index entry found .002 index $ I30 of file 5
and others which i didn't write down

when the laptop boots it asks me for a windows password which it never normally does.. if you just press ok then it will go to my normal start up page but once there the start menu etc wont load or work
No program will open or execute and when you open a program its says "this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

I cant access the net from my normal computer so i need help by accessing from this computer to it via USB only
My e smart was updated only a few hours earlier??

I also get a notice that says the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002
Can anyone help me with this
Thanks

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi Posted Image aquasambo

I can understand your frustration when a computer does not function, but posting the same issue on 2 different forums can be counter productive and ties 2 techs up working on the same issue. Since you posted in the link below first I would wait for a response from them as they may be sorting out the issue now. If you become unhappy or they can't resolve the issue, and you have closed the thread there, feel free to peruse the matter here.

http://answers.micro...a7-24b4c2d456df

Joe :)

Edited by zep516, 05 August 2012 - 08:47 PM.