Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Access denied on C drive please please help me

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
My laptop went all funny and on switching on had a black screen saying something like windows was missing or corrupt put in the original disc and press R to repair. I did this and followed instructions. On trying to download the windows updates after getting my laptop back on it said that there wasn't enough space for them. I deleted stuff but there isn't anything else to delete. All my downloads are gone and I had loads on it before all this with no problem.

I went to My computer, c drive and properties and the circle is totally blue showing full so I clicked to compress. It comes up access denied no matter what I do.

Please please can someone help me, I am very upset about this and it's stressing me right out. I need my laptop. If anyone can help I need idiots guides with where to go what to press as I am not computer savvy at all.

I hope someone can help me with this problem. If I can get past this I can get the updates installed and be sorted. Thank you to anyone who can help me.

It's 4.41am here I've been up all night trying, going to sleep now and will check for replies in the morning. Please someone help me fix this. Thank you.

Oh it's windows XP, I've managed to get service pack 2 and that's it. I'm using a Compaq presario C300

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I'm not sure this will work if the drive is completely full...go here and get SpaceMonger..its only a 135 KB
unzip it and click on spacemoger.exe click on the open tab at the top left side...select your hard drive...usually C: then get a screenshot and post it...
when you have the screen up that you want to capture...click on the ctrl key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..
or if you only want the active window..press on the alt key + PRT SCR key

now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload...
then after typing in any response you have... click on the full editor below the reply box...then click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would...