Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RUN AS box & others keeps appearing on screen

• Please log in to reply

struggling artist

struggling artist

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi,

About a week ago a box called "Run as" started appearing on screen when pc boots up - it does it every time. I have never seen this before. It says "which user account do you want to use to run this programme?" The 'current owner' option is already ticked. Then there's an option - 'protect my
computer and data from unauthorised program activity' - which is also already ticked. It gives options to click OK or Cancel. I have just closed it each time as I don't know what it is!

Also, each time I boot up I am getting two boxes appearing about "InCD" - one says 'The InCD service is present but failed to start'
Again, these only appeared lately and I don't know what they are or what to do to get rid of them!

i have windows xp home with service pack 3 and use Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1

Please help - can you use dummies level language if you reply as I am NOT a techy person! : ) thanks!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you have a cd or dvd in the optical drive...or a floppy in a floppy drive if you have one
no
try this...
Click on start..type in msconfig..... press enter

Click on start up tab...uncheck everything except your antivirus

note... if this is a laptop leave synapyics or alps checked or your touchpad will not work...unchecking them does not remove them ..they are still available to use they just won't load with windows...

struggling artist

struggling artist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
hi, thanks, no it's not a laptop & I don't have a cd or dvd in.

The other box which appears says "NBHGui" at the top & says "The InCD helper service is present but failed to start. InCD cannot start"

When I Click on start & type in msconfig & press enter a new firefox window opens.

then I'm afraid I don't know where the start up tab is in order to click it! (sorry, I am very untechy!!)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first go to add remove programs in the control panel ...uninstall incd
then
click on start...run...type in msconfig...press enter...click on startup tab...
uncheck everything EXCEPT your AV and firewall...if this is a laptop leave synapyics or alps checked or your touchpad will not work
...unchecking them does not remove them ..they are still available to use...

struggling artist

struggling artist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I googled "NBHGui" this morning and it said it was to do with Nero - so I have uninstalled Nero and the boxes have all disappeared! Thanks for your replies though! : )

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...nero was the one that installed incd