How do i unlock my harddrive
Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:09 PM
Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:16 PM
Taking Ownership of Files and Folders
If you are an administrator, an authorized user, or a backup operator, you can take ownership of a file or folder by completing the following steps:
1. In Windows Explorer, open the file or folder’s Properties dialog box by right-clicking the file or folder and then clicking Properties.
2. On the Security tab, click Advanced to display the Advanced Security Settings dialog box.
3. On the Owner tab, click Edit.This opens the Advanced Security Settings dialog box for editing.
4. In the Change Owner To list, select the new owner.If you’re taking ownership of a folder, you can take ownership of all subfolders and files within the folder by selecting the Replace Owner On Subcontainers And Objects option.
5. Click OK twice when you have finished.
Hope this helps.
Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:56 AM
Edited by craigkols, 03 February 2013 - 10:58 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users