Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Crashing

• Please log in to reply

Monster231

Monster231

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer crashed mom got it fixed (im 15) and ever since i got it back usually when it starts it will say "Error the specified module cannot be found :msls31.dll/C:Windows/system32/msls31.dll" and run for around an hour and a half. But recently its started starting up without saying that and after 15 min say it and no internet connection sound will cut and computer will go really slow so slow its unusable. I have searched for a way to fix it since my mother will not take the computer back.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
:welcome: Monster231

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This may help Phill on a starting point.

Windows errors related to msls31.dll?

msls31.dll is a process belonging to the IE program . msls31.dll is the library file used by Internet Explorer and Word applications to provide Unicode support

Maybe last known good configuration would work? :confused: :whistling:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Thanks Ron :thumbsup:

Monster231
Can you also tell us what operating system you are using XP, Vista, 7 or 8.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome Phill and I hope this is the cause as it looks to be either IE or Word program. :unsure: