Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot delete panda..please help :-(

• Please log in to reply

benny_dcfc

benny_dcfc

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Right this might sound a big odd but i cannot delete Panda Anti-virus. The programme says Iam not the administrator of the computer when Iam! meaning that i cant do anything with the programme.
Also there are no short cuts to the programme so i cannot delete the actual programme. So i cannot uninstall it...
i keep getting annoying alerts saying my 'panda licence' expired every minute!
I try to remove the process but it keeps coming back on everytime i turn on my computer..

please help.

regards

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you want to keep Panda you can re-install from their site.

http://www.pandasoft...ree/?idIdioma=2

If you do not want to keep Panda, install another antivirus programme then click start then run, type msconfig then press enter then start up, remove any ticks from Panda, reboot then search for Panda and delete the files, leave in recycle bin, reboot, check the PC runs before removing the files from the recycle bin.

If you have the room, leave them in the recycle bin as a safeguard

rebeccast

rebeccast

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had the same problem. I spent over a week trying to get Panda to uninstall with help from the tech support. If you want, I can email you copies of the utilites Panda supplied me. They didn't do me any good. I still have Windows security center telling me I have the panda firewall turned on, but Windows firewall tells me that I have no firewall turned on. Apparently the only solution is for me to reinstall Windows from scratch. :tazz:

TogTogTogTog

TogTogTogTog

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Same thing happened to me

rebeccast

rebeccast

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I got Panda to finally uninstall completely! ;) Gave up trying to get their firewall notification to disappear, reinstalled Panda and then uninstalled it immediately. Now Windows tells me that Panda is not installed! ;) Well, anyhow, Panda is not going to be allowed back on my machine ever again!

benny_dcfc

benny_dcfc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Still no luck. The only way i can get onto the panda programme is through that horrible panda face in my startup box in the corner. I cannot alter any settings because it says i am not the administrator of the computer even though i am! I unticked the box in msconfig and it just re-ticks itself when i restart the programme..

HELP

benny_dcfc

benny_dcfc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts