Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

window xp will not boot

• Please log in to reply

shannianni

shannianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Hi I took the hard drive out and got what I could off I have formatted and currently reinstalling the op system again I will let you know when it is done, many thanks for you time so far

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK formatting was not my intentions as I wanted to try and save everything for you. I understand that is your decision and I will wait to hear what the results are of the fresh install.

shannianni

shannianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
hi there

sorry for the delay, i reinstalled window after getting what i needed off the old install, at the moment it is all working hunky dory, i may get a new hard drive as this one is getting old and may have caused the problem/s.
I would like to say a big thank you for your assistance helping me.

regards

Ian aka shannianni

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the update and I am glad everything is working correctly now. I think it would be a wise decision to replace the hard drive and if you need help in finding one let me know and I will give you a few suggestions. :thumbsup: