Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will Not Come Off Of Ms-dos Mode. Heeeelp!

• Please log in to reply

madsin79

madsin79

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i had downloaded a game off the internet. the site is safe. ive d/l many games from there. the d/l went fine and i unzipped it and wanted to start play. a promp came up that this game would only play in ms-dos mode. it aske if i wanted to set the computer to ms-dos mode to play. i accidentaly clicked es, and it restarted my computer. it said that windows 98 was going to ms-dos mode for game. then a screen popped up that said insert disc 1. press any key to start. i dont have a disc for the game, so i restarted the computer by ctrl-alt-delete. the same screens came up and i cant figure out how to get out of it. it looks lke the computer is running fine, i just cant get it to getback toregular windows operation. im sure its a simple thing but i dont know anything about computers. please help!!!!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
At the command prompt try typing EXIT

madsin79

madsin79

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well i tried to type exit at the first screen that shows the system is working and that windows is going to dos mode, but its not letting me type anything! is there anything else i can do??? thank you very much.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI
here is a site from microsoft on booting up in dos mode.
Microsoft site
<_<