Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Previous installation pending ..."

• Please log in to reply

<Insert clever name here>

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I am trying to install the windows anti-virus/spyware program on my laptop, however it says I need IE6 to run the installer, no big deal right? Wrong.

I downloaded IE6, but it claims I have a previouswindows installation in progress and I need to restart my computer. So just restart it right? I did, again and again. Every time its the same thing "Previous windows installation pending.... please restart your computer" this is a MAJOR annoyance, as I can't do any security updates on said computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;312444

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you, I really appreciate it. I looked through microsoft's help topics, guess just not hard enough. Thanks again Keith.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Try cleaning out your temp and temp internet folders..

When IE6 starts an install, it puts a pile of stuff in the temp folder.. If another attempted install sees these, it will give you the error message you received as well!!

Murray