Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help File Continuously Loads After Resume From Standby

• Please log in to reply

sandpit147

sandpit147

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For some reason every time my computer resumes from standby, as soon as I open anything or mouse click anywhere on the desktop, the associated help file (windows help file or if opening an application the help file associated with it) begins to continuously load making the system unusable until a full reboot is completed. Following reboot everything works fine until the system goes into standby then it all happens again. I have tried changing the standby state used, disabling and re-enabling standby, deleting the hyberfil.sys file by turning hibernation off, rebooting and back on again but so far nothing seems to have any effect. Hibernation is enabled but no active although the system has been going into hybrid standby without issue until this problem began recently. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

System:
i7 3960 @ 4.2 GHz
8GB 1600MhZ DDR3 RAM
Win7 Ultimate
All windows updates and drivers up to date

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi Posted Image sandpit147

Try using System File Checker,
System File Checker merely makes sure that all system files are where they should be. The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
Open an Elevated Command Prompt window. To do so, click Start, then type cmd in the Start Search box. In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. You will be prompted to type the password for an administrator account. Click Continue if you are the administrator or type the administrator password. Then, click Continue.

At the command prompt, type the following command, sfc /scannow and then press ENTER.

Posted Image
The scan may take some time to complete. Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that it finds. If required, Windows may prompt you to insert the Operating System CD.

Let us know if that helps,

Joe :)

sandpit147

sandpit147

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Zep516,

Thanks for the reply. I completed the scan with no integrity violations detected.

Is there anything else I can check or do you can suggest?

Thanks

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Not that I can think of, however I'll do some research on the issue, never seen it before, not sure if a system restore would benefit. You know a System Restore to a time before the issue started, it's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

Joe

sandpit147

sandpit147

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Problem fixed. Can't tell you which file(s) were the issue but downloaded and ran Reimage Repair and the problem is fixed. The system goes into standby and resumes without issue again. :thumbsup: :lol:

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi sandpit147,

Glad to hear that!!!

Thanks for using Geeks to Go!

Joe :)