Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adobe flash player

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I have worked thru the topic on here with all the steps. when i uninstalled it apparently did not get all of it and even though i have done disk cleanup and rebooting something is remaining behind. Some of the time it says that i have a more recent version already installed but i dcontinue to get the warning that I need to install the adobe flash player while going about my business on the laptop. I am not sure if what i ws trying to do is not being successful is because this is 32 bit on my laptop. OS is Windows Vista Home Premium.
Internet explorer. For whatever reason, i tried firefox in the past and it just does not work .
Can someone please help me with this crazy challenge ?? Oh I know someone can I have received excellent assist in the past.

Thank you

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Give this a try HERE

This should uninstall everything for you. :thumbsup:

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
WOW G2G to the rescue once more. thank you it worked!!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are back up and running with no problems now?
Adobe flash now installed correctly and working?

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
yes. that remover should be prominently displayed someplace so we would not have to bother you terrific volunteers while you are solving more complex challenges. THANK YOU AGAIN. I had struggled with this to the point of wanting to hurl the laptop. THANK YOU

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I had struggled with this to the point of wanting to hurl the laptop.

:rofl: I am so glad we got this solved before I saw the laptop bouncing off the walls in the topic. :thumbsup:

Congratulations headwayne. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
well, here i am back again with the same challenge with downloads. I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly. I need to know why i keep getting the challenge of being told that the download is there. I have cleared out the downloads from previous downloads assuming that the file was full and perhaps it was unable to download properly due to those being there to an overflow of capacity ?? Obviously, I am wandering thru this. Another time in the past on another computer there were challenges with not being able to even make an option to save or open so I don't know what i am doing.
Should i remove once more and try to download or is there something that i am missing here???? Help please. I need to download forms periodically and it just is not happening.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you checked your browser options to see where it is saving the files to?

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
the little blue and gray thing that is supposed to show the progress of what is being downloaded never completes its task. sometimes the numbers show approx. half. I have uninstalled and downloaded and installed the reader and player which is what is peculiar to me because when i opt to download or save some other object it won't happen BUT installing and downloading the reader and the flash player states that it is complete. my virus protector flashes keeps flashing messages that different aspects of it are safe and ok to download.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So is the problem the flash player again or is it the downloads do not finish?
I;m confused because your first post seems to me you are running out of hard drive space. If download is failing what is it you are downloading exactly?
If flash is the issue go back to post 2 and run the uninstall again.

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
local disk
NTFS
USED 67.4 GB
FREE 155.65 GB

CAPACITY 223 GB

now it is not finishing the download
If i go on the govt website to download forms that have to be filed quarterly or try to download a tutorial on websites that have previously worked it appears to be doing everything but gets to the little blue strip/ribbon thing to show progress it does not complete and i cannot find anyplace that it has saved it. I guess my next option might be to click on save instead of opening it ?????????/

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes I would save it to your desktop maybe even create a folder on your desktop calling it papers or something and then save it to that.
Once you are done with it then you could delete it. This way you have the physical file. We may be dealing with some type of association issue.

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
thank you. i will see if that works. If not you will see me back here whining.