Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB Port

• Please log in to reply

HibbleMONSTER

HibbleMONSTER

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Asus laptop. I just found out that the USB port is not working when I attempted to use a new external CD-rom... I purchased it used, there is no warranty... about how much would it cost to get that repaired or replaced? Thank you!!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
:welcome: HibbleMONSTER

Can you tell us which particular model name or number that the ASUS is so that we can do some research, knowing how many USB ports are available is a starting point as if there is two but only one is working it would suggest a problem with the port but if the two were not working it could be that the ports are both disabled in the BIOS.

Using a USB hub in one good working port would avoid the need for costly repairs, some examples of these http://www.amazon.co..._sl_23moy4qnj_e

Repairing notebooks can be expensive and difficult so if there is an easier alternative it should be considered.