Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound after computer repair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nickynoodles41

Nickynoodles41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ahh, sorry to double post but I followed this at the beginning:

Identification

To confirm that this is the correct audio driver update for your desktop computer, perform the following steps:

If the computer is turned off:

1. Turn on the computer, and then repeatedly press the F1 key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.

2. In the BIOS Setup Utility on the Main tab, look for the BIOS version line. The version needs to read BF86510A.xxx.xxxx.Pxx or SR84510A.xxx.xxxx.Pxx (where x represents variable characters). The BIOS prefix BF86510A or SR84510A is constant and specifically identifies the correct motherboard.

3. If this is correct, this is the correct audio driver for your computer. Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS Setup Utility.

If the computer is turned on and in Windows:

I have no idea what BIOS is but mine says this: SR84510A.46T.0016.P07 so I take it - it is the correct one?

Edited by Nickynoodles41, 12 August 2012 - 03:24 AM.

Advertisements

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Make a folder on your desktop and name it fffggg. Unzip the audio driver file to the folder fffggg on your desktop.

Right click multimedia audio controller and click update driver software. Click install from a list or specific location. Click browse and select folder fffggg.

Let me know if you have any problems doing this and if it worked or not!

Edited by MikeMason, 12 August 2012 - 04:23 AM.

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
It's looking more likely that the audio driver I supplied you with. Is the one you need. (according to the BIOS information you've posted up)

Nickynoodles41

Nickynoodles41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
No Im having trouble!
Ive saved to file fffggg and then gone into device manager etc but when I try to click the file fffggg the continue option blanks for I cannot continue?!

Nickynoodles41

Nickynoodles41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
No other files other than the installation comes up and it just says it already exists do I want to overwrite it? I obviously have it somewhere else but dont know where now - Im and idiot for sure!! :confused:

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Have you unzipped the file you've downloaded into folder fffggg? There should be 11 files in total in the fffggg folder. The option which is black is it the "Ok" button?

Nickynoodles41

Nickynoodles41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
ok yes it is the ok button which cannot be clicked - talk me through unzipping the file into fffggg :blush:

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Ok it's np. Download the file again 9521983.exe to your desktop.

Drag the file 9521983.exe into the folder fffggg. Right click the file 9521983.exe and select "extract here". You will then see a total of 12 files in the fffggg folder.

Once you've done this post back and we'll go onto the next step.

Nickynoodles41

Nickynoodles41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I dont have extract all anywhere, does this mean when the pc was fixed the guy removed it?

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Ok download winrar and install it from here.

http://www.filehippo...ownload_winrar/

Click 32-bit version/

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is because there is no Audio controller installed at this time.
In the Device Manager Right click on the Audio controller and then click on Update Driver.
Follow the instructions then from step 7

Nickynoodles41

Nickynoodles41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Okay done that, then did the update and I just get the computer could not find a better match than the one you already have installed??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then right click on the Audio controller and uninstall. Reboot and see if the system will find the correct driver from the ones we have had you download.

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Restart your computer and see if your audio driver is installed. Is there 12 files in the fffggg folder? Did you select update and then install from a list or specific location. Did you select folder fffggg?

Edited by MikeMason, 12 August 2012 - 05:10 AM.

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
If nothing works. In the folder fffggg there should be a file called "install.exe".

Double click this file and see if you can install it. Once it's installed. Restart your computer and see if you have audio.