Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random restarts and freezes

• Please log in to reply

sirmikey

sirmikey

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am running a Windows XP computer with SP2 and Norton Systemworks 2005 and I keep having problems. My computer just randomly restarts without any warning and also, sometimes freezes. I have just recently re-installed Windows, and I find it strange that a these problems are coming after a fresh installation.

My computer usally freezes and/or restarts about 5 times a day and its becoming beyond the joke - I just can't take it anymore. I'm contemplating re-installing Windows again and seeing if I still get these problems but if anyone can help me out, please do.

Thanks in advance,
- Mikey

P.S. If you need details about my computer, please ask.

Edited by sirmikey, 04 June 2005 - 08:05 PM.

Advertisements

DoomHunter

DoomHunter

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Is your Version of Windows a LEGAL version and
when did it just start to restart

sirmikey

sirmikey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, my version of Windows is legal. And it has only restarted twice, but it was in quick succession - twice in about 15 minutes.