Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PRINTER DRIVERS FOR EPSON LQ-2090

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eunzie

Eunzie

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I have trouble with downloading drivers for Epson LQ-2090, for winXP. Please I need assistance. I had gone to EPSON website but am not able to download the drivers, it is just giving me error messages!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I was able to download the drivers just fine, but obviously can't test as I don't have that printer.

Here is the link I used:

http://www.epson.com...-32&detected=No

Let me know if you are able to try again, and the results.

Troy

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi Troy,

The same error message is coming when I try to download. Is it possible for you to download and send me the file please?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you be a little more specific as to what error message you are getting please?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I agree with Ron, specific error messages and/or screenshots of what is happening would be more helpful in the long run.

Are you able to download other files just fine? If so I would be tempted to contact Epson support for assistance rather than getting some random person on a random forum online (e.g. me :lol: ) to send you a copy.

Also you could try downloading it from a different computer (i.e. a friend, neighbour, work, etc) and copying it across.

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi guys

The following is the error message I get, even if I download from other people's computers:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following URL could not be retrieved: ftp://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson11075.exe

Squid sent the following FTP command:

RETR epson11075.exe
and then received this reply
Can't build data connection: Operation already in progress.This might be caused by an FTP URL with an absolute path (which does not comply with RFC 1738). If this is the cause, then the file can be found at ftp://ftp.epson.com/%2f/drivers/epson11075.exe.

Your cache administrator is root.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:20:40 GMT by mail.macoha.org (squid/2.6.STABLE21)

Hope this will assist

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
What is squid, are you using linux? What browser are you using?

Again I am able to download it perfectly fine, even from your direct link in post #6 (above). I am using IE9 on Win 7.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just tried your link in post 6 and was able to download it with no problem also.
I am using FireFox 14.0.1 on Win8. :thumbsup:

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I am using Wamp server running on winxp. Squid is mailserver. I am still not able to download the file please

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Squid looks like a proxy server and web cache daemon:

http://en.wikipedia....Squid_(software)

I believe this to be causing your issue, are you able to temporarily disable the Squid server for testing and see if the download works properly?

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I desabled the squid and I cant go on the internet. It was set up for internet access by our providers. So it cant work at all

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sorry to be a pain but "your providers" are the ones who need to fix it. It is not allowing downloads through properly. Even if someone did send you the printer driver separately, it doesn't resolve the issue properly.

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Troy

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately the providers have also pushed it back to me.

Eunzie

Eunzie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I remember sometime I had the same problem you came to my rescue. You downloaded the drivers for me and I just installed them, they were for winxp as well but video, sound and network if am not mistaken. Please help again...? :confused:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I have just looked and found the thread you were talking about. It's here: http://www.geekstogo...etwork-drivers/

I'm going to explain this to you clearly. We are not a download service. You have a problem on your network in that the squid server is configured incorrectly and not allowing you to access some downloads correctly (it seems FTP downloads). You need to make arrangements to have that problem resolved. As I know nothing about squid servers I am unable to assist you with it. If you do want assistance with it, you may have some luck in our Linux forum (as squid server seems to be mostly related to the Linux platform) or consider having an experienced professional come and give you a service visit to resolve the problem (which will likely cost a few dollars).

In the meantime please take this as a warning not to ask for any more downloads from our members or staff. In the link above it was done as a once-off for you which proves my theory correct.

Regards

Troy