Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

unable to get online

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

btrfly55

btrfly55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Antispy had found some virus' like a trojan hacker but i thought I got rid of them. I ran it again and nothing and also nothing found on the other one.
How do I try that browse in safe mode?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You would have to be in Safe mode with networking to get access to the internet. Regular Safe mode does not load the network drivers.

Antispy had found some virus' like a trojan hacker but i thought I got rid of them. I ran it again and nothing and also nothing found on the other one.

You have verified in my opinion that you have something hiding and it keeps sticking it's ugly little head up.

btrfly55

btrfly55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
So i do that F9 thing in boot and then look for safe mode with networking?
Should I run malaware bytes again?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

So i do that F9 thing in boot and then look for safe mode with networking?

Yes it should right under Safe Mode

Should I run malaware bytes again?

I highly doubt if the issue is a infection it very well may be hidden to deep for any AV you are using. I believe I have mentioned it before but just in case if you want make sure then you would need to start a new topic in the malware forum and let them deep scan your system. Once you do that this topic will stop till you are done. I can post the instructions for the malware forum if you would like to take that direction now.

btrfly55

btrfly55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Let me try that safe mode thing later today and get back to u.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok no problem and I will be online for about 10 more hours so no hurry.
:thumbsup:

btrfly55

btrfly55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
NO go in safe mode with network:( And system restore works now but won't restore-I went back as far as July 28th?? Should I post the OTL some where now?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope didn't ask for the OTL.
Do you want to start the malware topic and put this one on hold till you are finished there?
If so then you need to start a new topic in the malware forum and include your OTL log. Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

btrfly55

btrfly55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi,
I found the notepad with the 984 threats that had been found by antispyware. Would it help if I posted that and where? It gets confusing to go back and forth and how do I add a link to here?
do u still happen to have my OTL log that I posted here? I can't find it now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No I don't have the OTL log since I deleted it when you posted it. If you don't have it then you will need to download it again and run it according to the instructions below.

I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE

Advertisements

btrfly55

btrfly55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi everyone... just an update as it appears I'm virus free but still working on getting a connection. Since i didn't know how to link, u can see the thread under trojan hacker on here if u are interested. I'm going to run complete internet repair as soon as I figure out how:) Thanks for all ur help here too...this is really baffling!

btrfly55

btrfly55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
oops that heading is trojan dropper:)

My Malware link

Edited by rshaffer61, 25 August 2012 - 12:36 PM.
Added Malware Topic Link

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I have closed this topic.
It is too confusing you posting here while you are working with my colleague Essexboy in Malware.
Once he has completed and if he refers you back to us simply ask him if he would re-open it for you, so that you may post.