Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One half-3666 virus [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GgFury

GgFury

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi, I loaded up my desktop today, only to have my avast security notify me that all these files were being moved to the virus chest due to them being infected. I loaded my computer into safe mode to run a malwarebytes scan only to find that all my shortcuts were gone. The files are still present on my computer but all my shortcuts have been moved to Avast's virus chest, with all of them being infected with One half-3666 virus. Can you help me remove this virus and restore my shortcuts? Thank you.

Advertisements

GgFury

GgFury

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Nevermind, Avast must have decided that it would be fun to move all my shortcuts to the virus chest, I have run a scan on every file in the chest only to have 'no virus detected' pop up. I have restored all the files without any further problems. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.