Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop crash with bootable CD

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I believe somewhere during this topic didn't we update the video drivers?

Advertisements

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
We didn't check my graphic drivers.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok well I'm willing to try whatever you think may be the issue so lets check for any out dated drivers.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
If you want you can post screenshots of all the drivers in the list that need to be updated and I will suggest in what order to get them.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi rshaffer,

Thanks for this program !

Here you are 3 screenshots :

Attached Thumbnails

• DriverMax1.jpg
  • DriverMax2.jpg
  • DriverMax3.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK on the first page get the motherboard chipset driver which is the first one. On the second page get the smbus driver.
Download and install those two and then see if the issue resolves itself. if not we will gave to wait till tomorrow at this time to get the next two drivers.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
For the first one, it's said that 'Signature information: This driver is not digitally signed'

My link

For SMS Bus controller it's said that 'Signature information: This driver is not digitally signed'

My link

Is that OK, before I download those drivers ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep but there should be other drivers in that list so check carefully to make sure there isn't one below that one that says it is digitally signed.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
There is no digitally signed. I suppose if it was a digitally signed I would choose it. ;)

I'm installing both drivers, then I will reboot.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Ok, these drivers doesn't fix my issue but, my laptop is running faster. When I pass (I don't know the exact name) from one account to another, it's doing with less time I think.

Edited by ramaflore, 22 August 2012 - 05:12 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK good that means your motherboard chipset drivers were needed. Those allow the motherboard to identify and use the other chipsets like sound, video, north and south bridges. Tomorrow we will try to get a video driver once I determine which in that list is the correct ones. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi rshaffer,

The first drivers from the page one (the one you told me to install it) is related the graphic driver. I checked it on yesterday, my graphic driver was updated. When you're talking about video driver, are you talking about graphic driver ? :confused:

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Yesterday, I booted on Safe Mode because I wanted to test the black screen issue on Safe Mode, and I noticed that it doesn't fixed it. I logged into Flore Admin account and I ran the Task Manager: and kill lsass.exe process, then I close my account, and black screen disappeared, but instead of having Flore account, I had 'pc-de-flore/Flore' account and I couldn't enter because mouse was disabled and I couldn't use the keyboard to write my password.

On the other hand, I made a search on google with 'black screen lsass' and I came across with a guy that described that he had this black screen (even on Safe Mode) since he got a virus (the same I had 2 years ago I think, or maybe more) when I couldn't enter neither into my admin neither into my user account. Mouse and keyboard was disabled. At that time, I didn't suspect a virus but with something wrong with Vista OS. Maybe a clue, I don't know...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I checked it on yesterday, my graphic driver was updated. When you're talking about video driver, are you talking about graphic driver ?

Yes and if this is right one then no your driver was not up to date if it found that this was a newer driver. That being said it still did not resolve the issue.

Again I suggest you go through the malware forum and let them check your system completely.

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Ok, to do a re-scan of my HD on the malware forum. I will check your previos post with the tec you recommended.

Let me know later, for the next updated drivers. ;)

ramaflore

ramaflore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Where is the right place to post and contact Rkinner ? here ?