Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Websites not responding

• Please log in to reply

Merv76

Merv76

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Recently I have had a lot of trouble contacting various web sites whether it be live.com,google or my bank with the usual
response that '---------- is not responding'.
Can anyone confirm please that this is just the amount of traffic that these sites are encountering or is it anything to do with my computer.
How they are all busy at the same time on one particular day is beyond me or is it something to do with the server?.
I regularly clean my registery etc with CCcleaner and the like.
Is anyone else having this problem
Thank you.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
This site may be what you're looking for: http://www.downforev...neorjustme.com/

However, it sounds like your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has DNS (Domain Name Server) issues. You might want to consider alternatives like OpenDNS or Google Public DNS

RubiksHQ

RubiksHQ

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Yes, please do what Admin advised.

**NOTE:

A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable. Yes it may clean any orphaned keys/values present, but you won't notice a difference in system speed. The only difference you'll notice is when you actually search in your registry.
Also, if you clean the registry frequently, it will become more fragmented over time, which may actually slow down your system's performance.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

How they are all busy at the same time on one particular day

would that time coincide with the kids getting out of school