Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java not working on Vista

• Please log in to reply

Fosselius

Fosselius

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,
I have a computer within our network where java has decided to stop working.

I have tried uninstalling, running javara, running chkdsk, installing java again....several several times and nothing will seem to work.

I try the function "do i have java" directly on java.com and it tries to verify the installation, changes page and tries starting a new applet. After some minutes it fails, the applet gives a message "Error, Click here for more information" and if I click the applet i get the message: ClassNotFoundExecption testvm2.main.class.

The current version of java is Java 7 Update 6 on a Windows Vista 32 bit machine.

What can have gone wrong with the machine?

Advertisements

aido

aido

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hello,

Current Version of Java is Java 7 Update 7 try to install first this one. Do you need Java for the Browser (e.g. FF, Chrome etc.) or have you installed Applications on your PC that working with Java?