Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

white screen

• Please log in to reply

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi to all , i have a friend that his laptop d642 got a complete whitescreen while in use or most of the time even before you can use it... he told me that he hasnt using it for 1 week before i checked it so i thought it could be heat related because when i try to open it, the screen is completely white like he said, but i remove the battery and use the charger only and press the button for a longer time than usual until the screen showed up.. it could be just coincidence, so i tried to run sfc/ scannow and checkdisk ... and after that i tried to run built in memory diagnostic which came up both ok... i thought it must be corrupted file or a bad sector because when i run those test he was able to use it for 1 day until the screen turns white again... while now that im suspecting that it could be heat related im now doubting it because when i use external monitor it still showed the windows screen even the laptop turns white.... it must be loose cable from inverter to monitor or whatever..... i want to try to open this laptop and to see if its only loose cable.... i never opened a laptop before can anyone here showed me a link how to open this laptop????? its EMACHINES D642...... THANK YOU ...

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
try this HERE. The steps should be pretty much the same for all Emachines.