Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my toshiba eqium laptop wont load and keeps restarting :0(

• Please log in to reply

lucyspencer12

lucyspencer12

• Pip
  • 1 posts
can anyone help me i have a toshiba eqium laptop and as i got to press the on button it starts up and gets to the windows load up and the shuts down and restarts all over again!! and again and again!!!!! it just wont load up!!
this has been like this for a while now and cannot use it at all. can anyone help. imdesprate to get all my photos that was stored on my laptop and other special memories of my family i have :0( really hope someone can help me

Advertisements

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Ok, why don't we see if your computer can get into safe mode first. When you turn your computer on. Keep tapping the F8 key.

When the windows advanced options menu loads. Use your arrow keys to select "safe mode". Once safe mode has booted up. You'll get a box pop-up asking if you want to continue in safe mode. Click "yes".

If you manage to get into safe mode. Click start and then computer or my computer. Right click your hard drive in which Windows is installed and click on properties. Click on the tools tab and and select "error-checking". Click "check now". Tick both boxes and then your computer will tell you it'll run the scan after your computer has been restarted. Restart your computer and do not press anything.

Once the the scan has completed. Wait and see if your computer can boot into Windows normally.

Post back the results.

Edited by MikeMason, 15 August 2012 - 12:10 PM.