Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Flash crash/ Waiting for cache/ Screen tearing/ Freezing

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this problem with my computer, it drives me nuts, and basically renders my computer practically useless, and increases blood pressure exponentially. The problem is random in nature, though seems to happen mostly when a new application, tab, browser, button is clicked on, and the like. What happens when I am in google chrome is that a gray bar appears in the bottom left of the screen that says "waiting on cache". When this happens the computer freezes up, sometimes for 5 minutes at a time, and is sometimes combined with adobe flash crashing. I looked into a fix for that and executed it, which dropped the occurrences of that happening to probably about 10% of what it used to be, though it still happens, usually when the computer frosts over. Everything runs slowly, like, I press a button and the screen whites out for a couple minutes, then goes back, though it's still frozen when I try to press something. When I'm watching a movie or playing a game the screen will tear, showing huge pixels, though not over the entirety of the screen, sometimes will invert the colors, and will often actually freeze the frame, though the audio usually continues for up to 5 seconds, when that freezes too. This happens whether I'm connected to the internet or not, and even happens when going through the most basic of programs such as settings, control panel, etc. I'm at the end of the rope!!!

Edited by Xanitos, 16 August 2012 - 06:50 AM.

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
It can be a problem caused due to increased amount of cache files.
  • Click The wrench icon and click Options.
  • Under personal stuff, click Clear Browsing Data.
  • And then check Empty the Cache.
Posted Image
Restart the browser.