Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Dying?

• Please log in to reply

Zera_Fox

Zera_Fox

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I purchased a Radeon HD 4670 a couple of months back, it ran fine for a while and I loved what it did for my gaming. However, as of recently I've been having some trouble with it. Well perhaps it's not really the card itself but some of the hardware on the card. You see, the fan that is attached the card has severely slown down and as of yesterday started to skip as though it was stopping for a second.
I have been afraid to use my computer since I noticed this started happening, as I don't want to burn out the video card if it can be fixed... Or hurt my computer if it does go. I guess I am wondering if there is anything I can do to solve this fan issue on my card, or am I doomed to get a replacement?

Advertisements

Zera_Fox

Zera_Fox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am just going to assume that it needs replacing. I have uninstalled and removed the video card and am running off what the computer came with at this time.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If you bought it new a couple months ago then it should still be under warranty, just return it.

It does sound like a faulty fan.

If it was bought not new but used then try to buy a replacement fan for your card.

If you are handy you could try to check the wires on the fan to see if they are not loose or damaged and fix them if you can.

Zera_Fox

Zera_Fox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm not sure if it's still under warranty, not really sure exactly when I bought the card or even if it came with a warranty. I did get it some time ago, and it may be well pass it.

If it is a faulty fan, and it can be replaced I will try to go that route. I have someone coming in the morning to take a look at my computer for a CPU running hot issue, and hopefully he can take a look at my Video Card too. I am hoping both problems can be fixed as I am really worried about my computer, even if it is a few years old. :\

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
If I may chime in with a question folks!

What is the brand and model name or number of the PSU (power supply unit) please.