Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet explorer problem

• Please log in to reply

joeyspop

joeyspop

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i am having problems with getting to my home page ...veryvery slow....google is home page...once on google all the websites respond well....does anyone know what the problem might be???? srry pls ignore this post...i downloaded and ran c cleaner and now it is working properly.....

Edited by joeyspop, 18 August 2012 - 10:00 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm glad to see you got it resolved but please be careful with Ccleaner especially if you are using the registry cleaner. It has been known to cause issues with some AV's and delete registry entries that are needed. Below is just some info I would like to pass on to you. :thumbsup:

A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable.
We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there.
Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

Just a note: Before attempting to clean or fix any registry you should always make a backup of it first just in case something goes wrong.

dandy0850

dandy0850

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Try setting the home page to 'google.co.uk' if it is set as default to 'google.com'
(go to 'internet options and general settings'

joeyspop

joeyspop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i only use the cleaner part not the registry cleaner....im not sure that my problem is still fixed properly as it is slow then fast....any ideas?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What browser are you using?