Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help finding out how to charge my tablet with 30 pin connector

• Please log in to reply

VidenTheColdOne

VidenTheColdOne

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hello, I recently got a pad 3rd hand (My bro gave it to me after getting it from a friend who got it from a friend) This of course means that i have no clue what brand it is or what accessories it uses. There is no brand on the case and in the information screen it only says model is "generic" I did a bit of searching and I seemed to find my tablet. http://www.buyincoin...oduct-1851.html That seems to match what I have. My issue is that the AC charger doesn't work very well. It needs to be positioned correctly or it won't charge. I know a lot of other pads or phones can also be charged using a 30 pin to USB connector which also acts for data transfer. I've purchased 3 different cables of this type and none of them charge it or allow data transfer when plugged into a USB. I have a micro SD card so transferring data isn't an issue. I just want to be able to charge it through the 30 pin slot. I want to know if it is possible for this particular pad and if so how to enable it/what the cable is called or where i can find it etc. I have some pictures of the tablet and the different cords I've tried, as well as the AC charger. It's running Android 1.6 if that helps. I would really appreciate ANY help that you could provide. Here is a link to the pictures of the tablet and various cables I've tried:

http://imgur.com/a/FL3lB

(I DID try to contact the site I linked previously but they acted like they had no idea what i was talking about and blew me off) If you need any more information just ask and i'd be happy to provide it.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. Sorry that you have waited for a reply
Occasionally a post is overlooked simply becuase of the vast number of posts on the site

2. I am sorry to say that my reply is not really that helpful

3. Without knowing the make, it is impossible to help you.
As you say some do indeed charge via usb, but many require more power than be provided, from a usb socket on a computer.
For instance some I know require a mains power adaptor equipped with usb portthat does then provide enough power

The only suggestion I can make and I feel sure you will have thought of it is

Hello, I recently got a pad 3rd hand (My bro gave it to me after getting it from a friend who got it from a friend)

Go back down the line and ascertain if it is known where it was bought from and then start with the supplier.

Sorry we cannot be of further help