Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 update not completing - Unspecified error 0x80071a90

• Please log in to reply

ssundberg

ssundberg

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hello,

My computer has been attempting to install the most recent MS updates for Windows 7 but without success. I have the system set for automatic updates. I have also tried to manually install the updates from the control panel but without success.

It appears that the all of the unsuccessful updates are with regard to x64-based systems. Other updates, including Security Essentials and Office 2007 appear to have been successfully updated.

What is also frustrating is that each update/install failure created new restore points, and I have no restore points now that exist prior to 8/15 when the system began attempting to install the new patches.

Help?

Thank you!

Steve

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Read here, see if it helps: Windows 7 (x64) Updates Failure – April 2011

Refers to older updates but maybe a similar way to resolve it?

ssundberg

ssundberg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Thank you! I'll have a look-see and let you know if it helps!