Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frequently losing connection to the internet

• Please log in to reply

Buy_SomeApples

Buy_SomeApples

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been dealing with this issue for quite some time now. I'm not sure what the problem is to be honest, and I know next to nothing about networking, so I'll just provide my experience and allow you guys to request any additional information. The internet on my laptop has been cutting out quite a lot. Sometimes it's every 2-5 minutes, other times I get 15-30. Once in a great while I'll be able to use a few hours of unrestricted access, but that's rare now. I've noticed that my computer seems to be receiving a lot more data packages than it's sending Here

Also, it seems disabling and re-enabling my connection will let me have access again whenever the connection fails, though it's only fleeting, this is how I've been dealing with the issue up until now. I know it's not a router problem, because my brother also has a laptop and he never has this issue.

Aside from that, I don't know what information you need. So, if you'll please ask me for the information you would best be able to use to help me solve this problem, I'd gladly provide you with it (provided I could find it) Thanks for the help.

EDIT: This is an update on the sent/recieved packets numbers.Big Difference

Edited by Buy_SomeApples, 20 August 2012 - 09:21 AM.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Follow the instructions in the link below.Just ignore the instructions in the code box.

http://www.geekstogo...ost__p__2188561

Uninstall the program below. When you have gotten the internet back then reinstall.

BitDefender Total Security 2011 (Version: 14.0.26)

RErun minitool box and check the boxes that read Reset internet explorer proxy settings and reset firefox proxy settings hit the go button then reboot.