Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD + BOOTMGR missing! Cannot do againthing!

• Please log in to reply

Olly9297

Olly9297

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys and gals.

I need help! Bigtime!

So the situation. My mother was given a laptop ( by her father before he past away.

She called me over one evening to have a look at the computer because it kept crashing, to my horror I found it was the dreaded BSOD. I came home to Google it and try and find a solution. however, during this time my adorable (trust me he's not really!) brother decided to try to boot the machine from my old win7 32 bit home premium upgrade disk only to find that after the machine had wiped the existing os then the BSOD reappeared half way through.

So I'm now left with the laptop that says BOOTMGR is missing as soon as I power it up.

Desperately yours!
Olly

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you can try using the recovery partition that's on the hard drive...
if that doesn't work
your going to have to go to the manufactures website and buy the recovery disks about $25.00

Olly9297

Olly9297

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah I've tried the recovery partition on it but it's come up with an error code of 0xe0ef0003

Any suggestions or ideas would be mega helpful!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your going to have to go to the manufactures website and buy the recovery disks about $25.00
the good news is they have all the drivers the laptop needs and it will like the day it left the factory

Theoutdoorsman

Theoutdoorsman

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
__

Edited by Theoutdoorsman, 29 July 2013 - 08:39 PM.