Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aug. 20th win7 update & malwarebyte experation giving me annoying

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

penelopepony

penelopepony

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Todays BIG question: Does MALAWAREBYTES not offer free anymore? Just 30 day trial, and then it wants to marry your pc. This is what I WAS seeing Aug 19-21), That is why I have to get a virus program ASAP...

Aug 22 6:00pm ??? I can't type in ANY addresses that are HTTPS://

(Aug 19-NOW) this IS page I'm getting.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Edited by penelopepony, 22 August 2012 - 04:55 PM.

Advertisements

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Aug 22 5:00 pm central time. Just went to facebook, it didn't happen.

Got the DREADED canceled page above!

I did get a new antenna, now having problems getting drivers off cd :(

I'm at a motel, efficency apt deal, and they ask about my pc, because the maintence guys lil netbook was kicked off, & he was going around requesting that residents quit downloading as much stuff ??? I'm just on a basic $400 pc, but it does have 802.11n, & they're WiFi is 802.11g & there's several others out here w/pc's. Ever since he came by, & said that, looked @ my pc, & Windows 7 newest downloads, fb & google are concidered red address bar sites, "WARNINGS" etc...

TY

Penny

Edited by penelopepony, 22 August 2012 - 03:36 PM.

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
:D ty 4 your' patence with all my scattered post Aug. 22 2:15 pm.

Edited by penelopepony, 22 August 2012 - 01:13 PM.

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I ended up rebooting + "0" Went back to Factory Settings. But would like to know about HTTPS thing. TY