Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sony Vaio PCV-RS100 Clean Install

• Please log in to reply

excedrin1997

excedrin1997

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been trying off and on for months now to figure out how to fix my computer. I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RS100. I had to do a clean install months ago, and havent been able to get my audio, video or USB or anything to work. I have read hundreds of posts, and nothing has worked. From what I read on sony's support page, it says I need to run the sony shared library before running the support files (audio, video, etc.), but this sony shared library is not up for download ANYWHERE. I even have the recovery cd I made, but I get that install cd volume 1 each time. I read somewhere how to get around it, but I tried that and it wont work. Is there anything anyone can do to help?!? My son can't play any of his educational games without the sound!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. So you did a clean re-install of windows on your sony and since then, no video, audio etc? Does the system boot at all? Can you boot to safe mode? Do you have a bootable cd like a windows install cd or recovery cd that came with your sony? Was the system working before you did the clean re-install? What happened to cause you to do the re-install. Answers to these questions will help folks try to help you. :tazz:

excedrin1997

excedrin1997

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your reply. I had Windows XP Home edition, and when I put updated to SP2, I had a lot of problems, so I decided to upgrade to Windows XP Pro. When I installed it, I also installed the Sony apps, but the recovery disk wouldnt work for something. Some things did work, except for the DVD burner or USB ports. Then I got a bunch of spyware that I could not get rid of, so I decided to re-install again. This time, I can't get hardly anything to work. I am going to assume that since I installed Windows XP pro overtop the current setup without formatting the paritions, most things went fine. This last time I formatted the paritions also, and I am going to assume that the Sony shared library and shared DLL was somehow inbedded in that parition so that when I installed last time mostly everything worked.

Currently, I am without Audio, USB, DVD burner, PCI slots, and graphics. My video does work, but it isnt very good. I can live without all that except my audio. I even bought a soundblaster card, and tried installing that and disabling the onboard audio, and that still wont work. It continually says no sound device. I still believe it has something to do with the sony shared library and shared dll, but I cant find that anywhere. It says you MUST have this to install the sony apps like the audio. If you could help, i'd appreciate it!

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Have you tried going to sony's web page and looking for the file you need?