Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Coax to Ethernet options

• Please log in to reply

Krank

Krank

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I only have access to a coax cable in my room. What would be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get internet to my xbox? I do have access to the modem, but its too far away for me to just run an ethernet cable from it.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I think your best bet would probably be wireless, if you are unable to run an Ethernet cable to your room.

Regards,
Olrik

Krank

Krank

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So is there anything that I can get that receives the wifi signal that I can plug the ethernet cable into?

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
On the one side, you'll need a wireless router sending the signal. And on the other side (PC) you could use something like a USB Wireless Adapter to receive the signal. If you want me to find you some hardware please let me know and I will take a look at some websites. Don't forget to include what country you live in, if you want me to take a look.

Regards,
Olrik

Krank

Krank

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I would really appreciate it if you could. I have a router sending the signal and I have a pc; can I really just hook my xbox up to my pc and run the connection through it?