unfortunately I do not have paypal
Congratulations your logs appear clean
Reset and Re-enable your System Restore
The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
- Click START then RUN
- Now type ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
- Open OTL to run it. (Vista users, right click on OTL and "Run as administrator")
- Click on the CleanUp button.
- Click Yes to begin the cleanup process and remove tools, including this application
- You may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the cleanup process - if so, choose Yes
See Here for a list of recommendations for free Antivirus\AntiSpyware applications.
- Keep Your windows up to date by regularly checking their website at:
- SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX, it immunizes your PC against them.
- SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts. Make sure you are only running one real-time anti-spyware protection program ( eg : TeaTimer, Windows Defender ) or there will be a conflict.
- Make Internet Explorer more secure
- Click Start > Run
- Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
- Click on the Security tab
- Click Reset all zones to default level
- Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
- In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
- Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
- MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.
- Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more
secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in pop up
blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from
If you choose to use Firefox, I highly recommend these add-ons to keep your PC even more secure.
- NoScript - for blocking ads and other potential website attacks
- McAfee SiteAdvisor - this tells you whether the sites you are about to visit are safe or not. A must if you do a lot of Googling
- Click Here to learn how to keep a backup of your important files
- FileHippo Update Checkker is an extremely helpful program that will tell you which of your programs need to be updated. Its important to keep programs up to date so that malware doesn't exploit any old security flaws.