Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ASUS P5B No P.O.S.T Error

• Please log in to reply

TokBomoh

TokBomoh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I came from work today and booted up the PC (still breadboarding / barebone), with the new CMOS battery installed, new PSU, but without the on board extended USB Port.

Boot up perfectly.

My observation revealed there's no abnormal electrical sound coming out from the new PSU.

Planning to put up everything into the chassis. Pls advice me before I proceed whether I should wrap up or do some more tests?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Sounds good so far.

If not already done so,
Connect up the front panel cabling, > test. If OK,
Connect up extended USB Port, . test, if OK
Run

Memtest86+ Read the technical information from this page first, >

http://www.memtest86.com/#details

then go to this page to download the l

LATEST VERSION : 4.20

. >

http://www.memtest.org/

I advise to run the full test at least 3 times.

If OK, I ;think time to install in the case, ensure that the correct I/O shield is used and the Motherboard stand offs installed on the Mobo back plate match exactly the screw holes in the Mobo, NO extra ones.

Good luck.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Hi TokBomoh.
Have you resolved your problem? An update would be appreciated. Following your thread to a conclusion helps all who read the topic in the future.

thanks.

TokBomoh

TokBomoh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there, sorry for late reply. I have noted down the suggestion above yet i haven't performed final test. I will do it within this week and post the results. Sorry again. Thanks.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Thanks for the update, look forward to the results.

TokBomoh

TokBomoh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Connect up extended USB Port, . test, -----> OK :thumbsup:
Run Memtest86+ (twice full test on all ports)--------> OK :thumbsup:

Today's plan :-

Connect front panel.. if OK want to assemble in the case.
p/s: the stand offs, can I only install 4 stand offs despite having so much holes for stand offs?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Hello again TokBomoh

It is vital that you have a stand-off wherever there is the need for the MB to be held in place by a screw, this not only helps to ground the MB it also prevents the MB from flexing when it gets hot + they also support the MB when pressure is applied whilst fitting the CPU cooler, adding memory sticks and add on cards and so on, see the .jpeg below for where stand offs and screws need to be used, what type of stand off are you using?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Your board, First marked hole is slightly elongated so you can adjust the board to match the other holes. NOT, no extra standoffs under the board, six only.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Hi.
How is the project going? An update on the Forum would be appreciated. Carrying a topic through to a conclusion could help anyone who reads it at a later date.

Thanks.

Edited by iammykyl, 28 September 2012 - 08:39 PM.