Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vcore voltage fluctuating constantly. HELP!

• Please log in to reply

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
OK, I had a bad mobo but it now has been replaced by ASUS. I got it back into the machine and has been up and run now for 2 or 3 days. Then this morning, I get a Vcore Voltage warning pop up from ASUS AI monitor. So I open the ASUS AI monitor and the voltage on the Vcore is all over the place. I'm not sure what it should be, but it goes up and down from 0.888 to 1.367 to 1.080 to 1.368 to 0.888 to 1.212 to 0.970 and all over the place. It has a constant flow of power but it is fluctuating a lot, like 10 to 15 times a minute no matter what you are doing. I have replaced the power supply with a new one and it is still doing it. I know this isn’t normal or ok, so what could be? The MOBO? CPU? I’m so beyond fighting with ASUS any longer for them to just send me some other none working mobo. Please help me! I’m about to go crazy here!

PC specs;
Windows 7 Professional
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard
AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Eight-Core Desktop Processor
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 2GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
COOLER MASTER GX Series 750W Power Supply

Edited by RiffRaffCat75, 24 August 2012 - 08:14 PM.

Advertisements