Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to remove multiple Windows 7 from hard drive?

• Please log in to reply

Owen__93

Owen__93

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have an Acer aspire ax1300 computer which came with windows vista already installed, I then upgraded the software to windows 7 when it first came out and through ye years I have managed to install windows 7 onto hard drive D 4 times and they are all sitting in there taking up space and causing my computer to crash. I have been told by a friend that if I find the vista disc that my computer came with then I would be able to re-install that and on doing so this will completely remove windows 7 from the hard drive which is what I want. Does anyone know of a way to remove these that is fairly easy an hassle free?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi,

If you want to remove everything and start fresh like when you first started the computer, follow the instructions from Acer on this page:
http://support.acer....E360faq40.shtml

Edited by SleepyDude, 26 August 2012 - 08:15 AM.

Owen__93

Owen__93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply, but it's not working, it keeps telling me that recovery isn't possible. Any suggestions?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Thanks for the reply, but it's not working, it keeps telling me that recovery isn't possible. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Probably you have changed the partition layout and now the recovery tool doesn't know what to do.
I'm guessing you don't have the recovery DVD's?

On the windows 7 where you have upgraded from Windows Vista do you have Acer Empowering Technology on the Start Menu?

Owen__93

Owen__93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No I don't have the recovery discs, and no it doesn't come up saying Acer empowering technology on the start menu, should it say that?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

No I don't have the recovery discs, and no it doesn't come up saying Acer empowering technology on the start menu, should it say that?

The original Vista installation includes a program to create the DVD rescue disks, if the windows 7 upgrade kept the installed programs maybe the Acer eRecovery Management will still work. But it seems you don't have this program anymore.

Edited by SleepyDude, 26 August 2012 - 11:51 AM.

Owen__93

Owen__93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I've had a look everywhere for the disks but they are no where to be found and I've tried to do the eRecovery but it keeps asking for the disks. Do you know i would be able to buy new disks or download files and burn them to disk? And if so where would be the best place to get them?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
There is every chance that the computer was not supplied with a Vista reinstallation CD

http://support.acer....eX1300sp2.shtml

I have little doubt that the user guide here
http://support.acer....reX1300ul.shtml

will tell you, but as my colleague has said, it did have a recovery partition, on the hard drive, that would have returned it to factory condition, OR, if you created them, as advised you could have restore from the recovery discs. - however not of course NOW.

There is little doubt in my mind that with Windows 7 installed 4 times, and especially in view of this

install windows 7 onto hard drive D

that the recovery partition has been overwritten

A screenshot of disk management MAY help

Start
Control Panel
Admin Tools
Computer Management
Disk Management on left pane

With it on the desktop
Press Prnt Scrn key
Go start
Programs
Accessories
Paint
Click Edit
Clcik paste
Click File
Click Save as
change on drop arrow file type to JPEG
Bitmap is too large
On reply use full editor and attach

RECOVERY MEDIA
Doubt if you wil get one now for vista
http://us-store.acer.com/rcd/

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Owen_93

Would you update your topic please.
We always appreciate knowing how you have progressed and of course are ready to help further if you wish