Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer will not boot - 2 different BSOD screens

• Please log in to reply

clemons745

clemons745

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Everytime I open IE, it tells me it has encountered a problem and needs to close, but from the looks of the interface before it closes, it looks like IE 6.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What browser are you using to connect here?
You can get the upgrade to IE8 HERE

clemons745

clemons745

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I am actually using a different computer to get on here. I will download that to a flash drive and run it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the other option is to install FireFox and then do the IE8 upgrade.

clemons745

clemons745

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
When I attempted to install IE8, I got a message saying "Internet Explorer could not install because your computer failed to install a required update. Please click on the Download button to manually install the update." When I clicked "Download" I got a message saying "Setup could not start your default web browser." Guess I need to download firefox?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep and try to get the download you need then. If it is a Windows update F will not work I know that for sure. You can trying to go HERE using FF and download the Windows updates via a 3rd party site. One of the other mods shared this link with me and he has not used IE in years also.