Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help getting back to an online game

• Please log in to reply

sontakarot

sontakarot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I am playing an online game that is very similar to runescape, it has a loading style very similar to runescape's, if you know how runesacape opens up. It goes in steps, like first it would say "unpacking resources" then some other steps until the game fully loads,

I recently moved to another country in Europe from Canada, and the game was fully working in Canada, the place I moved to, the game worked for like 4 hours, then it started not working. It gave me an error, it stops loading at a phase called "connecting to web server"

What I mean is, its not an issue related to the game, if it was I wouldn't be posting this thread here, its just that I can't connect to the game's server or whatever. I dont know what it is, country restrictions, or maybe something else.

I want to know ways to bypass these restrictions or clear any kinds of firewall that would block me from connecting to the server. The game's server is in the U.S.

Also, in general, what else would block me from accesing any online game? - This question is kinda broad, but there are really informative people here, I thought I might as well give it a try.

Thank you for all your help.

Advertisements

Grimxonic

Grimxonic

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello,

I would try using a proxy that is in a different country, such as Canda or the US, to see if that is the problem. Or you can try a free VPN from a different country as well, I use them to get around country restrictions and whatnot. Good luck!

rascal27

rascal27

• Pip
  • 7 posts
it's a ping problem your game connecting server changes now...so check the ping test before connecting the game..if that server work fines sent=4 received=4 this value shows check the ping response here free whoisxy.com/ping.aspx ..or else use some proxy server in europe hidemyass proxy available free..now you can easily connect the game to Europe server....