Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web Server Program

• Please log in to reply

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Hey all, I want a program that turns my home PC into a web server so that i can have a web page and view it from another computer. However i have tryed a couple of programs and i though they were working because i got a web page up and then i gave the link to my friend and he couldn't see the page! So i found my Ip (I gave him my host name before) and when i typed it in all i got was my modem! I need some help!!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Hey all, I want a program that turns my home PC into a web server so that i can have a web page and view it from another computer.

Really not a good idea, unless you are vigilant in locking down your system, and keeping it updated with the latest patches. Check into web hosting.

How are things "down under"?

Ntd

Ntd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Nice site!!!! Might look into that. Exams start soon :S (9 weeks) also i have enough money for a new system <_<. Hows things in the USA?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
New system, nice! <_< I'm about ready for a new one too--give this one to my nephew. I saw you're other post with Soxrok, and I'll probably build a very similar one. AMD64, 6800, gig RAM.

Summer's winding down here. :D Days are getting shorter, some leaves are starting to turn. I like having four seasons, but winters in the Midwest can be pretty brutal.

Ntd

Ntd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
In australian there is currently a drout and we have water restrictions and nice 25+ degree days <_<! Just wished it rain abit more. Cant wait for the new system!!! However looks like i might be getting the ATi never know tho, i am impulse buyer and they are both great cards :D. However my local shop is a rip off and i dont have a credit card so now comes the long process of ringing shops and stuff, my local shop wanted to charge me $900 AU ($675 US) for a MSI X9800 Pro!!! thats $100 more than another shop i know!! Hopefully by nextweek end i can play some CS on my new rig :D.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I've had nothing but ATI's recently (a 9700 and 9800 PRO), and I've been VERY happy with them. The X800 looks very impressive, but the 6800 seems to be much better at running new games. We'll know for sure next week when HL2 comes out, and we see some benchmarks.

Ntd

Ntd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I would be happy with anyone of them! <_< However the X800 XT looks like it might be the one i choose. Buggar i am going to have to wait 2-3 weeks for HL2 cant wait!!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Rumor has it HL2 will be released this week, possibly today. <_<