Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help to restore my asus desktop to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

NIGHTMAREZZ

NIGHTMAREZZ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a asus desktop the model is cg5290 its a gaming desktop and i need to know how to restore it to factory settings so it can go fast its been going very slow since i got it PLEASE help me and please tell me a good and free anti virus to get for it please answer asap thanks and i also dont have the cd to restore it so how can i do it without the cd?

Edited by NIGHTMAREZZ, 27 August 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Advertisements

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Well, nobody has responded so I will take a crack at it. First, there is no such thing as "defaulting" back to anything in W7 operating system. The only default settings are in the BIOS in case of corruption. The closest thing to that is to use the restore feature (either a hidden restore partition on your hard drive or a restore disk provided when you purchased it) but in so doing you will lose all data and programs that you have now. Check the manual that came with your computer.

>Please post the specs on your system, CPU type and speed, amount of memory, how old it is, and what operating system are you running?

its been going very slow since i got it

If your desktop ran slow when you first got it, that probably is the speed it is going to be. If it has slowed unusually after you first ran it, then there are problems. There are a lot of things that can cause this, from tons of loaders and BHOs loading on boot to a virus running in the background. Why do you feel the computer is running too slow?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Was the system brand new when you got it?
The next thing is it probably came with lots of preloaded apps that are not needed.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On left side click on Disk Management
On right side you will see you hard drive.
Male sure the window is open all the way on the top right so I can see all the info it has.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
Make sure the window is open all the way so I can see everything on the top right window.

Attach it to your next reply