Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Game Screen Tearing

• Please log in to reply

wyrdaar

wyrdaar

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
My monitor keeps tearing in any game I play to where it makes it impossible to play and it is driving me crazy. I use a AMD Radeon 4200 graphics card which can run all the games I play which some need to be on low graphics, my computer just started doing this too after an update but restoring it to an old version did nothing, also reformatting didn't help it either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
Hi wyrdaar

Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) if you know the PSU (power supply unit) specs they will also help, providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Possible causes include bad video memory, overheating and a bad PSU.

wyrdaar

wyrdaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
My computer is a dell and its a i570-9445NBK. I'm not sure what the PSU is but I had forgotten to say earlier that this is happening with different moniters too not just one. I've tried 3 different moniters 2 of which were brand new.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
Hi wyrdaar

Please confirm if the computer at the link is the same as yours http://www.tecca.com...d/#product_info

The HD4200 is an integrated video chip on the MB and these are poor when it comes to gaming, problems they suffer from include overheating and not having enough VRam (video memory) some information on the video chip @ http://www.notebookc...00.20493.0.html

I would suggest that if you wish to continue using the system for gaming that you fit a suitable add on video card, this unfortunately may require the stock 300W PSU to also be replaced.

Can you also tell us what games you play now and intend to play in the future as games also have Minimum system requirements.

wyrdaar

wyrdaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
That is the computer is use and if its a problem like your saving I'm just going to buy a new computer probably, at least if there's any cheap ones -.-

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
Upgrading the present computer would be less expensive than purchasing a whole new computer.
The one downside of this computer is the CPU, the Ram, video and PSU can all be upgraded without a problem but this is not always easy or cost effective with upgrading a processor.

wyrdaar

wyrdaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm probably just going to buy a laptop off of newegg, found a nice price on one that has great reviews for gaming but thank you for telling me what the problem is.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
Before giving up on the issue can I ask you to run Speedfan and post a screenshot of the results so that your temps and voltages can be checked, see below;

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)