Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC wont connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys I am new to this forum and new to this type of forum in general. I hope I am putting this in the right section.

My PC is having problem connecting to the internet. It is windows 7 and I just bought it back in February and this is the first slightly major problem I have had. I use a wireless router in my apt and this computer runs off of the wireless. I have another older computer that uses an hard wire from the router and my xbox uses wireless and both of these devices are working fine as far as their internet connection. The computer that is having the problem connects to the router fine but has the little triangle that says "no internet". I have restarted the router and modem several times and I have restarted the computer and disabled the internet connection and then enabled it again. I have run out of ideas. This all started Sunday when I returned home from being gone for the weekend. That was the first time the computer had been shut down in a while.

I clicked on an add on accident a while back that for all I know could have given me some sort of virus. I have the McAfee stuff active that came with the computer and it automatically scans and hasn't detected anything though.

Any ideas on what might get me hooked back up?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

dandy0850

dandy0850

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I would certainly start by looking at mcafee firewall setttings

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I would certainly start by looking at mcafee firewall setttings

Ok I will look into that when I get home today.

Lauriebrimmer

Lauriebrimmer

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Look at Sleepydude's reply in my post.

http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

Following workarounds 1 and 2 fixed my problem I also have Mcafee.

regards

Laurie

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Look at Sleepydude's reply in my post.

http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

Following workarounds 1 and 2 fixed my problem I also have Mcafee.

regards

Laurie

Thanks to you and sleepydude i am back on line and life can resume as normal!