Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Laptop with Windows 7 suddenly has tourquoise screen

• Please log in to reply

dc523680

dc523680

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I have a HP G60 Laptop with Windows 7, 3GB of RAM, 2.93 GB total physical memory, and 1.63 Available physical memory. Recently the areas of the screen that are supposed to be white have now turned tourquoise and there are visible lines flashing across the screen. Sometimes during certain reboots the computer is absolutely fine. Can anybody help me out with this problem? Thank you

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,763 posts
Hi dc523680

Have you tried connecting the notebook to an external screen to see if the issue reoccurs.

dc523680

dc523680

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I have not done that yet but I will try if I can find a cable to connect this laptop to my tv and see if it happens. It originally happened when I opened up my laptop wider than normal.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,763 posts
Hi dc523680

Please do not duplicate your topics as it may lead to you being offered the same guidance at differing times and lead to confusion as to which and who`s guidance you are following.
Please continue at this thread where we will do our best to help you resolve the issue, your duplicate topic will be closed so as to avoid you receiving possible multiple replies, thank you for understanding.

It originally happened when I opened up my laptop wider than normal.

This may be a coincidence or possibly the symptoms of a bad MB to screen ribbon/cable connection or damaged ribbon/cable itself.

Please advise of the outcome of connecting to an external screen before anything further is suggested.

dc523680

dc523680

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I am sorry about that. I thought that I had posted this in the wrong forum as I think that this is a hardware issue. I do not have anything to connect this laptop to an external screen. Although I did read that this is a common problem when opening the laptop too far and the problem occurs with the ribbon in the monitor. Any thoughts on this?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,763 posts
No worries and no harm done :thumbsup:

Yes this is a common occurrence with opening and closing a notebook lid, however it does not need to be opened too wide to cause issues (although it would not help) and normal everyday usage can result in the same outcome.

Not being able to connect a notebook to an external screen is a problem as this is a simple but effective way of checking if the issue is a ribbon/screen or in fact the video chip itself.

As you have no means of attaching to an external display I suggest that you find a local, reputable Tech store and have them check it for you, many would do this for free but please ask first, the next option is checking the video ribbon itself and this is a task best left to a suitably qualified and/or competent person.

Tip for you if you need and decide to check the video ribbon yourself, keep all the different size/shape screws in separate containers as putting too long a screw in the wrong place can ruin your MB, a disassembly guide is included in your user manual http://tim.id.au/lap...esario cq60.pdf